Christ United Methodist Church
301 E. Drake Road * Fort Collins, CO 80525
Thursday, September 17th, 2015
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Spontaneous Volunteers & Donations Management/Messaging
Prevent the disaster-within-the-disaster! When volunteers show up unexpected, disasters can go from manageable to chaotic in a hurry.
Carrie Olenick from Volunteers of America will be facilitating a discussion of how Larimer VOAD can best manage this second disaster, identifying:
- Your agency's ability address disaster needs with current staff and affiliated volunteers
- What it would take for your agency to max out your existing capacity to address that need
- How many community volunteers your agency could responsibly manage to get back up to full capacity
- What your agency would need to have happen to accept those community volunteers into your program
- Communicating with VOAD when you are ready to take community volunteers
- Preparing communications/messaging to the public in advance to ensure the best public response to disaster.
Meeting Minutes from August, 2015 Meeting: Click Here for 8/15 Minutes
Note: Originally we had a Red Cross exercise scheduled for our September meeting, but due to a scheduling conflict that exercise will be rescheduled for the November meeting.
Our Larimer VOAD continues to plan and coordinate our organized response to community disasters and disruptions before they happen so we can service
our communities in the best possible way.
SOUTH CENTRAL VOAD TRAINING ACADEMY
The First CO South Central Region VOAD Training Academy, which will be held in Woodland Park on October 22, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., followed by a general membership meeting of the CO SCR VOAD from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. See the attachments on the links below for more details. If you have any questions, please contact Sally Broomfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-339-0618.
Training Academy Flier
Training Sign-up Sheet
2015 FAMILY SAFETY & EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS EXPO 9/26!!
The 2015 Family Safety and Emergency Preparedness Expo will be held on September 26th at the Ranch Complex in Loveland. This informative and entertaining event is free and great for the whole family. Please share this event with all of your Northern Colorado friends, family and neighbors.
See the Air Link helicopter plus other emergency vehicles and equipment. Bring the whole family for a day of fun and get the information you need to make sure your family has a good preparedness plan.
Please contact Laura Levy at laura@larimerLTRG.org if your organization can help supply volunteers